Outside Literature, as well as old AA Literature, that I have found helpful to reconstitute the original principles of AA. The information that I use to draw my conclusions and to understand what is going on in AA and in the world, is controversial.
The word “controversial” from Latin. “contra” – against “verse, versare” – turn – so – turn against – We have to turn against what we know to find out what we do not know. What we know got us here. As the Big Book states – we have to be willing to let go of our old ideas completely, in order to find a new way of living.
Take what you like and leave the rest. This is just how I have come to understand the state of Involution that AA is currently in and that society is also in. I needed to go outside of AA to find answers to my questions and to find the flaws in the AA service structure so as to not repeat them for the future.
- AA Comes of Age, 3 Legacies and the Appendicies
- The Jack Alexander Article from the Saturday Evening Post
- 3 Talks to Medical Societies by Bill W. Pamphlet (retired)
- The 1967 AA Group Pamphlet – contact GSO Archives, NYC
- A Member’s Eye View Pamphlet
- The Tiebout Papers
- The Jaywalker – AA History, tapes, guides
- Barefoot’s World – AA History
- Dick B. – Christian AA History
- Hindsfoot Foundation – Glenn F. Chestnut
Natural Law Teacher
Email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
New Thought Author
These specific books by Emmet Fox that have helped me to understand the principles in the AA Program, as never before – all purchased for very little on ebay.
7 Hermetic Principles which Underlie Natural Law
John Taylor Gatto on The Dumbing Down of America
The Thrive Movie
The Trivium, the Unity Process
The Trivium, by Mark Passio
The Trivium and the Quadrivium, by Mark Passio
Apophatic Inquiry as part of the Trivium to learn Critical Thinking Skills to apply the Traditions